Monday, July 26, 2010

Circle circle dot dot now I've got my cootie shot!

theatre people are very close with each other and boundaries are usually pushed further than the social norms. For example it has been my experience that no topic is taboo to talk about or that taboo topics are the base of most conversations back stage. Theatre people are general very excepting and loving. I am also used to theatre people being comfortable getting up close and personal with each other, you have to change in close quarters, you have dressers and you have to kiss on stage. I am also used to some actors being touchy feely but recently I have met an overyly touchy actor. This actor does not know when it stops being funny and starts being creepy. It started off slowly, he would crack a joke here and there but once he got comfortable with me he started cracking even more jokes then jokes turned dirty which then turned to him pinching my waist or him cracking jokes on how I know that I love him. The icing on the cake was that on the last show he told me that "Oh you know you love me" and then proceeded to kiss me on the cheek. I started off bye just brushing his jokes off but here I think is where my problem started I should have stoped him from the very begining so that things never escalated. After he kissed my cheek I politely asked him not to and that was that. We will see what happens this next weekend of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment