The first weekend of the show went great. We sold out or nearly sold out every performance. I am so proud of the actors and actresses they are all doing so well. I can definitely appreciate their job well done more because I to have been in a Stephen Sondheim show. I know how difficult the rhythms of his songs can be and how intricate they can be. I also have greatly enjoyed watching their performances grow and develop further each night. Each night I notice something different that I had never seen before. I catch different quirks about each character every night. Since I now know the show by heart I like to watch the mini shows going on between the secondary characters. It is there stories that add depth to the show as a whole; they take the show from good to great.
On another thing that I find interesting is that I have come to know the cues by heart. I do not really need to look at the script and watch for the cues to come up I already know because I have memorized the dialogue from hearing it night after night.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment