Monday, June 28, 2010

What have I done as the technical/production intern thus so far?

As the technical/production intern I have done a little bit of everything. Durring rehearsal and the run of Sunday in the Park with George I was the stage manager. As stage manager I was always the first one in the door and the last one out. I arrived a half hour before to unlock the building, turn on the lights, make sure the props table was in order, I would make sure the green room was not a mess, I would make sure the bathrooms were clean and I would make sure the house was clean and all the chairs were aligned and I would also put out the programs if they were not already out. I would make sure all actors were in the building by call time. This meant calling late actors and giving them warnings when they were late.
During rehearsals it was my job to to take down all the blocking and keep the director on schedule. Later in rehearsals it was my job to be on book and take line and blocking notes. Come tech week I moved up into the box and started runnign the light and sound boards. I ran lights and sound for the entire run.
Other things I did. I helped obtain the props for the show. I painted the "cut-out" soldier and I carved a wooden pipe for the boatman. I also helped out with set construction. I hung the fabric for the trees.
Strike. I was put incharge of overseeing strike. We had to clean out all or out storage and move it back into our builing, we took out all the seating and put in new seating, we took down the set and sorted the lumber, we put props away, we brought in the Dog Sees God props/set pieces and I took down the Sunday posters and put up the Dog Sees God promotion.

Now on to Dog Sees God (we have been rehearsing for three weeks now)

No comments:

Post a Comment